Sunday, October 16, 2016

Favorite Fall Activity...

I have so many favorite fall activities -- it is hard to choose one.  Really.  However, for the new challenge at Lasting Memories I went to my "to scrap" pile to see what I had on hand.  I found a school paper where my then 8 year old was writing about our Thanksgiving traditions.  I truly enjoy seeing my kids school work and craft projects.  I particularly love reading about what they are thankful for.  So - I am declaring that my favorite fall activity - looking at my kids schoolwork (I never get as much stuff to look at in the spring - hmmmm).

Here is my example this week:


I have to mention that sometimes - you have to just stop and let it go.  What I mean is -- for some reason this piece of schoolwork would not let me punch the paper edge.  It kept getting caught and ripping.  I was determined to make it work and soon I realized that I was ruining the schoolwork!  ACCKK!  Obviously I can not replace it.  So, I just left it as it is as soon as I realized my error.  Hence the goofy edge.  Oh well.... what can I do?

I hope you can join us in this fun challenge - links are due October 28th.

Materials Used:  Simple Stories - Harvest Lane paper & alphabet, cardstock, Queen & Co. Felt Fusion - Leaves, Lawn Fawn/Lawn Ornaments - Into the Woods mixed sequins, Basic Grey - Woolies/felt stickers - Pyrus, and Krylon Make It Acid Free spray. 

3 comments:

  1. Okay now I'm inspired to get out last years school stuff and get caught up on the school albums since new stuff has already started coming home

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE how you scrapped this school paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful item to scrap. My kids are all grown up and I have bins still of their school work. Wonderful treasures. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete