Sunday, September 25, 2016

Going Around in Circles!

This week's theme at Lasting Memories is "Anything Goes That Shows Direction" (or to use circles on the layout).  I found pictures of my Girl Scout Troop running around during a camp weekend and I thought this would be perfect for this challenge.  I also wanted to create a sense of movement in my page so I created two semi-circles and added stitching to emphasis my idea.  I am not sure it worked - i.e. creating a sense of movement on the page - but I am pleased with the outcome.



I added a Dr. Seuss quote around the edges: "You have BRAINS in your HEAD. You have FEET in your SHOES.  You can STEER yourself in andy DIRECTION you CHOOSE.  You're on your own. And you know what you know.  And you are the one who'll DECIDE where to go."  

I hope you can join us in the challenge, but hurry, the challenge closes on September 30th.



Materials Used: cardstock, DCWV pattern paper (green), ribbon, Prima Marketing flower - Avante/Berry, We R Memory Keepers - Retro Glam papers, Paper Trunk - Carson alphabet, and We R Memory Keepers - Sew Easy floss/Meadow & Sunrise.

2 comments:

  1. OH Wendy... now that I have read the details you included... I love it! The quote around the border is perfect! And yay for stitching! I see the movement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable layout and that boated journaling is perfect

    ReplyDelete